Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Praise the outhouse

I swear, if we didn't have an outhouse we'd never see the Northern Lights.

Last night, on the way to the outhouse, Jay caught the beginnings of a fantastic Northern Lights show. When you're looking at the beginnings of a Northern Lights show you're never really sure if it isn't just some clouds reflecting light. It always looks like the smoke from someones bonfire. But when it suddenly pushes up into the sky and starts flowing and getting greener and greener you know and it's wonderful.

They were HUGE and slowly moving across the sky in a sultury dance. There were big green streaks with red trim. It only lasted about 5 minutes. The first few minutes I watched in awe. The last couple minutes (which were slightly less remarkable) I spent fiddling around with my camera and tripod.

These are my pathetic attempts to capture Northern Lights on digital film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home