Saturday, November 11, 2006

I'll never skate in a rink again...

I've been a little down because there hasn't been enough snow to ski and it's been COLD.

The lake went through a turbulent couple of days before it froze. Windy wind sucked the warmth out of the water forming a dense fog that stuck to nearby trees as dense hoar frost. We thought it was certain to freeze chunky...hopes of skating or skiing on the lake dashed.

But we woke up a couple of mornings ago and it froze flat. Flat enough to skate along the shore for as far as we wanted to go.

I wasn't expecting the thrill of skating on an open lake. I'm used to putting on my skates and going round in circles, confined to a rink. Skating in one long straight line is something different...

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I just bought my very first pair of skates! now we have to come visit! FYI: every wednesday night and every few Saturdays we're hosting "games night". We have lots of new games and a spare room. You guys should come on up. It's really nice here right now.

5:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Jay, this is mark from highschool. I've been meaning to drop you a line for a while now. I saw your animation / live show on grandville island a while back. Really good sounds like you have a whole different life than what you started with. I guess we won't be seeing you at christmas for the annual checkup on Robson. Drop me a line sometime menns@westjet.com

1:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there,
i discovered your blog via google, of all places. i think i typed "snow" and "cabin." i love this. it's wonderful.

11:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home