Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Canoe

We bought a canoe and it snowed the next day. A little off season maybe, but apparently just in time for good trout fishing. We've been told trout like it cold and at this time of year they hang near the surface of the water before the lake freezes. Our sources are sound.

We took advantage of the extra hour of sleep and light and bundled up and headed out in our new old canoe. It was a gorgeous morning and about 40 swans passed overhead as we bobbed and trolled and caught our dinner.

1 Comments:

Blogger banjeroo said...

I discovered your blog a while ago and I just love it. I visited my little sister in Whitehorse this summer. She was also living in an off-the-grid cabin with no running water. We did a two-week canoe trip down a river.

The Yukon is gorgeous and as a long-time lurker I wanted to just say thanks for your blog! (I blog too but I haven't written anything for a while, so don't worry about reading any of it.)

8:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home