Monday, May 09, 2005

Guess what time it is.

This is a game we play. Actually it is less of a game and more of a way for the watch wearer to garner a little more entertainment out of giving up the time to the non-watch wearer.

Down south this game was far less fun. Non-watch wearer had the incredible ability to know the time within 15 minutes of actual time. More often than not, non-watch wearer would guess the time within 5 minutes if we were outside. Up north it's a little different.

The amount of light in relation to the time has changed so much since the begining of April. It's completely thrown off the game. We get about 6 minutes more light everyday as we move towards June 21st. Longer days have happened fast.

And the light lingers in the sky for ages longer after the sun sets.

It's very disorienting for both watch wearer and non-watch wearer. Far more entertaining for watch wearer...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh - the games you play!!

7:07 p.m.  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hello, I stumbled on to your blog from somewhere... you know how that goes.

Anyway I just read through all your posts. What fun.

When I was in high school, many, many years ago. Myself and several friends wanted to live in log cabins in Canada. Peace River area (before the dam went in, I believe)

My family spent 2 weeks every summer in the Lake of the Woods, Ontario area.

Well, I outgrew the "let's live like they did in the old days" and now live in Texas. About as "old days" as it gets around here is the A/C in my truck has been broken for 3 years.

I am adding your blog to my blogroll and I look forward to reading more posts and looking at your incredible pictures.

Oh and one more thing, I started knitting in January. I thought the name for your craft blog quite fitting. (just needs more posts.. :)

12:20 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more entries! The ones to date are fabulous. Please more!

MJeddry
steamy north shore of Boston

4:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home