Wednesday, October 20, 2004

It snowed.

This is one of my top 3 reasons for wanting to live in the Yukon.

I know the majority of Canada experiences snow and sub-zero temperatures all winter, but having spent most of my life on Vancouver Island this is quite a novelty.

I remember one Halloween when it snowed and then was followed by two days of melting and an entire winter of wet wet rain.

The weather is very dramatic up here. Yesterday it was minus 10. Today it's plus 10 and the snow is already melting away.

Every seasoned Yukoner I talk to seems to have a different prediction for the winter. "Weeeeell, I think it's goin' ta be a cold one dis year" or "We're in for a warm winter, that's for sure." I know that when they talk about a cold winter they mean temperatures that dip to minus 50, but I don't know what they mean by "warm" winter...



1 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Now that I've gone and stalked your entire blog, would you mind sharing what brought you here? Why are you living in this cabin? For how long will you be there? What did you do (artist, freelance, I gather?) before that? Tell us about your son.

I think it would be great to hear the story of how you got here, even though it is told a bit in pieces as the blog progresses.

Immensely enjoying your journey, all the way from Illinois in the States!

7:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home